Welcome to Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary is Swaziland's pioneer conservation area and a beautiful, secluded sanctuary situated in the Kingdom's Ezulwini Valley, 'Valley of Heavens'. Located between Mbabane and Manzini, 24hr gate access is offered to the Sanctuary (except initial check-in which must occur before 6pm) enabling guests to enjoy the neighbouring tourist hubs of Ezulwini and Malkerns with their many unique attractions and craft shops.
The name 'Mlilwane' ('Little Fire' in siSwati) was derived from the numerous fires started by lightening strikes on the Mlilwane Hill but now holds significance as the little fire that started a big conservation movement in Swaziland resulting in the saving of over 22 species from local extinction across the three reserves.View Mlilwane's Fauna Species List.
The Sanctuary covers 4,560 hectares and comprises of a southern and northern section. The southern section's grassland plains stretch up to the striking Nyonyane Mountain with its exposed granite peak known as the 'Rock of Execution'. All of Mlilwane's accommodation, dining and activity options are concentrated in this southern section of the park, with the exception of guided trails which enter the pristine northern section.
Stay in a wide range of accommodation (Camping, Beehive Villages, Rest camp Huts, Self-catering cottages, the affordable Sondzela Backpackers and the luxurious Reilly's Rock Hilltop Lodge), enjoy the sanctuary's nature by foot, horse, mountain bike, self-drive or guided game drives to name just a few of its many activities, and savour a delicious meal at the popular Hippo Haunt Restaurant overlooking an exceptionally picturesque pool teaming with birdlife or one of the parks other diningoptions. Just fancy relaxing? Sit back, enjoy the resident game walking by or cool off by taking a dip in the rest camp's swimming pool.
View some other YouTube videos.
- AFRICA! Mlilwane, Swaziland
- Beehive Huts in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary - Mountain biking & horseback
- "Swazi Wildlife" Trent's photos around Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Swaziland (travel pics)
- Mlilwane - Swaziland's Spark of Conservation
- "Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary" Pachi's photos around Mlilwane, Swaziland (mlilwane park in africa)
- Dancers at Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary , Swaziland ( Original )
- "More animals" Jenschottler's photos around Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Swaziland (travel pics)
- Mlilwane Wildlife sanctuary - view from the restaurant